16 September 2010

The Love of Women

Have you ever looked around the fandom and wondered where all the femmeslash was? Me too. Ever wanted to avoid the perils of fic diving and just jump right into a pool of really good girly love? Me too. Wish there was more variety, more pairings, more exposure, just MORE? ME TOO!



So here we are. L'amour De Femmes. The love of women. More specifically, women loving other women. We like it, we love it, we want more of it. And we want to give those who are looking for the same a great resource for it.

A few months back, once I (finally) decided it was time to break out of my little 'canon, ExB, all the time' bubble, one of the first things I went looking for was femmeslash. I found some, but not a lot. And some of what I found was absolutely beautiful, but that only made me want to find more like it. And you can call me a femmeslash h00r (you would NOT be the first), but there just wasn't enough. So I did what I always do in these situations.

I tweeted bookjunkie1975.

She is the sexiest little librarian in the fandom and when I need a rec, no matter what it is, I go straight to her. She confirmed that my suspicions were correct...there wasn't a lot. She gave me a few recs that I hadn't already found. I read my way through them quickly. I begged venis_envy to help as I knew she was also a fan of the ladies in fic.

At this point, we figured at least we could gather up all the great stuff we had read and put them in one place, so we started a profile and community on fanfiction.net. We pimped the hell out of them and we saw a lot of interest. I ran my (big) mouth all over twitter, and not only did we get some new recs, we also found a number of people who were looking for the same thing we were...more femme.



We found that people were putting the profile on author alert. While it was not originally set up to be an author profile, we decided to take advantage. We started In the Land of Women, a collaborative femmeslash story effort. We are looking for authors that are interested in writing femme to contribute. One shots, drabbles, etc. Each 'chapter' is a different story by a different author. Want to contribute? We're willing to beg...

And while I have less technical skills than my grandma, we decided to start a blog. There are so many blogs for different things; recs, awards, pimping, but there didn't seem to be any just for femmeslash.



What are we going to do here? Talk about femmeslash, pimp stories, etc. What else do you want to see? We are open to any and all suggestions. Want to see interviews with the authors that write femme? Let us know. Know a fantastic story we are missing out on? Tell us. Want to offer us technical expertise? I may throw myself at your feet.

We have some things in the works, so keep you eyes open for upcoming posts. We're also on twitter, so you can follow up for updates there as well.

So if you love the ladies like we do, we hope you'll come back and play.

Hearts and hugs, fngrcufs

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good, ladies. Looking good! <3

coldplaywhore said...

This is a great start. It's awesome to see there is more interest in femmeslash these days. Thanks for putting forth the effort. It is appreciated!

bitemypillows said...

Great job ladies! So glad someone is finally dedicating time to femmeslash, God knows we need so much more of it. I'll be back ;)

Hollister_1980 said...

loving the site bb's! I'm excited for more possibilites in the femme department & I'm stoked it's being led by you girls!

fngrcufs said...

Thank you all for the love and support! We're thrilled at people's response so far :)

Word Ninja said...

I so want to write something for In The Land of Women! Awesome job on the site ladies, and way to take initiative!

Mandy said...

I'm so excited to see you ladies have a site up!! I can wait to pimp it on misfics.com

If you need any technical help, I'm happy to do what I can- questions, web space, moral support...whatever.

Anonymous said...

phrasse d'amour
Message d'amour
sms d'amour

Post a Comment