20 November 2010

Femme Rec from @fngrcufs - The Sun Came Out from the Clouds by @brokendawn5

Femme Rec from fngrcufs


The Sun Came Out from the Clouds



by brokende


Summary:

1st place winner, open voting, In The Closet Contest 2010; femmeslash. Victoria sees Bella, and immediately she wants her. She yearns to take her, to have her. Bella makes Victoria burn with need, and Victoria has a plan. But will Bella succumb?


So, no big secret, I’ve been begging for more femmeslash for awhile now. So when I saw that the In the Closet Contest was accepting femmeslash entries, I was excited. I figured at least a few femme one-shots would come out of it, and maybe even something non Alice/Bella. (No offense to the many A/B shippers out there, it’s just not my favorite).

Enter one email from bookjunkie1975 saying something along the lines of hey, check it out, it’s your girl! VICTORIA! I have such a thing for her, and there is almost no femme with her in it. Color me happy! The Sun Came Out from the Clouds was the first entry posted in the contest, and it was amazing.

The sun came out from the clouds, and I wanted her. The need was fierce and immediate: I saw her, and my whole body flushed with heat, my breathing sped and labored, my nipples hardened, I throbbed. She was just sitting on a bench, reading a book, nothing special. Walking my usual route through the park, ear buds blasting, I probably passed her four or five times that morning without even noticing. But then the sun made an appearance, and her russet hair warmed and glowed in a burst of heat, setting me aflame. I saw her, and she was beautiful. I saw her, and I had to have her.


I think I was sold right from the first passage, and it only got better. This one shot is from Victoria’s point of view. She’s more than a little jaded, she’s seen a lot and done a lot, and something in Bella speaks to her. There is a predator/prey dynamic to this and some fantastic canon influences. Honestly, I was wary of Victoria in portions of this; her determination to have Bella had me dying to know how it was going to play out.

As our friendship deepened, the locations changed. We went from coffee to drinks; from drinks to dinners; from restaurants to our apartments, late nights spent talking on couches, curled up beside each other, wine glasses in hand. Sometimes we'd watch a movie, and she would always fall asleep in the middle, her head drifting into my lap. Those nights were torturous for me as I ran my fingers through her hair, watching her pink lips parted in repose, her breath soaking into my thighs. I wanted her so badly, wanted to place my lips all over her, but by then, I knew for certain that she'd never been with another woman. I had to be slow, careful. I had to take my time, although I burned for her, even more than I had at the first.




Part of what I loved about this story was how natural the progression felt, especially for Bella. By the time Victoria and Bella took their relationship to the next level, I was holding my breath waiting for it.

Taking her nipple in my mouth, I teased it with my tongue. I flicked it over and over, and I watched her chest rise and fall more quickly. Then I sucked hard, rolling my tongue around the peak, feeling it tighten. I bit down. "Victoria," she cried out, and I kissed her again, hard, as I pinched her other nipple between my fingers.

Her flush ran all the way down her chest as I took her nipple back into my mouth and ran my hand down, down, down, into her lacy slip of panties. She was warm and wet, and I relished in her as I traced my finger up and down, up and down. Her eyes were closed, her head thrown back, her chin lifted—I leant down and kissed from her ear to her collarbone, gentle kisses, down then back up until I took her earlobe into my mouth and sucked, all the while keeping a slow and steady rhythm over her pussy with just one finger. She turned her head just a little, nuzzling me with her cheek, and breathed into my ear, "Please, Victoria, please."




Did I mention it’s hot? No? IT’S HOT! The sex in this was well written, believable, gorgeous and insanely sensual.

But my favorite thing about this piece? How real it feels. From the beginning, with that moment to the end, which is not what I expected, or even wanted, but is nonetheless perfect.

In the end, the In the Closet Contest got nineteen femme entries, almost half of the total, and the ones that I read were great. But the first one, this story, stayed my favorite. It won first place in the open vote and I was thrilled. So congratulations to brokende and thank you for such an amazing one shot. I hope we see more from you soon!

-fngrcufs

P.S. Since we’re talking contests, L’Amour de Femmes is hosting one! For the Love of Women: All femme, anon, one-shot contest. Complete details will be posted next week.

1 comments:

Conversed said...

Dawn is such an amazing writer.

I have had the first-hand benefit of her amazing words so often, as she generously polishes chapters of my own fics until they shine brilliantly. I was so delighted that she won her contest with this wonderfully crafted and very touching story.

I don't generally read femme-slash but I found this story utterly captivating, with such convincing rendering of the protagonists that I was sucked-in from the get go. It's a genre that is often neglected, yet hides some amazing talent.

I hope that Dawn continues to get as much pleasure from her writing as she gives to readers. She's a great person to know, amusing, witty, endlessly kind and so very generous with her time for others.

Thank you so much for giving her fabulous talent a little well deserved showcasing of its own.

Kate x

Post a Comment